1. When is bib pickup?
Bib pick up opens the Saturday of race weekend. Details will be emailed to all registrants.
2. Can I get a refund or deferral?
We have a No Refund or Deferral policy.
3. Can I transfer my bib?
No. Entries and Bibs are issued only to participants registered.
4. Can I drop a distance and is there a refund for the difference?
Yes you can drop from a longer to a shorter distance race. Requests for distance change must be made before race day. Exact date TBD. There is no refund for changing distance.
5. In the Marathon, are there drop bags?
Yes you can have a drop bag at the Start/Finish Aid Station. Bring it with you when you pick up your number.
6. Is there food afterwards?
Yes. Lunch is catered by Schweitzer on Sunday to each competitor in the Marathon and Half Marathon only.
7. What COVID health precautions are in place?
We use best practices for sanitation and contact points at all aid stations. Based on the actual race weekend conditions we will consider the following modifications to race procedures if needed; extended time to line up and start your race to allow for personal distancing. This is usually 10 minutes, races are chip timed so you can keep your own space to start then get out on the trails. From there you can keep all the space you need as runner density spreads out on the course. Change our in-person pre-race briefing to virtual. Modify water station contact procedures. Updates will post closer to race day in your Final Instructions email.
8. Will there be a Mass Start or Wave Start?
Mass start, your chip time starts when you cross the timing mat at the start and finish of your race.
9. Can my family watch?
Here are the best places to watch the race:
- In the Marathon, they could see you at the Start/Finish/drop bag area in the village, and at the Sky House (this requires a day lift ticket and is the most exciting place to watch the race with epic views in the alpine).
- In the Half Marathon, the only access would be the Sky House (requires a day lift ticket but again, it is an epic spot to watch the race)
- In the 5 Miler, only the Start/Finish is an option.
-The Sky Climb. This course runs from the village up to the SkyHouse at the end of the Great Escape lift. You can watch the start, then catch racers making their climb near the lift. You can watch the finish at the top! Day lift ticket is required.
10. Camping and race day parking?
Self-contained RV, tent trailer, camper, travel trailers at the Fire Station parking lot. Sorry, no tent camping.
NOTE: Race the Wolf is a mountain trail event. The races will be held rain or shine and you are responsible for your well being under possible weather changes that may exist. Keep current with updated forecasts during race week.
Photo courtesy Plant Positive Films